So, you’re planning a vacation and driving to México…

Do I need Mexican Insurance?

YES. Insurance from a Mexican company is required by Mexican law in the event of an accident, even if you are not at fault.  A Mexican Insurance policy greatly reduces the chances that you will face jail time, and limits the financial burden you might come by after an accident.  A Mexican Insurance policy provides coverage for damage to your vehicle or its total loss.

Contact me to get the coverage you need.

Medical Evacuation Insurance

Mexico medical evacuation insurance is a very important coverage to have while traveling in Mexico.


The program will help you coordinate a medical evacuation or air ambulance in the event of grave illness or injury, and it will cover the cost of the air ambulance service.

Mexico Travel Insurance

This coverage includes plane tickets home in the event that your car is stolen or not drivable.


These plane tickets home can also apply if the driver is not able to continue driving on the Mexico trip. This Mexico travel insurance helps your travel group avoid getting stranded in Mexico.

HAVE QUESTIONS? I can help you. Contact me today for your FreeVIPQuote.


Driving into México

Under Mexican law, motorists are required to have insurance, or “proof of financial responsibility”, in the event of an accident, even if you did not cause it. As a foreigner traveling in Mexico, the only way of demonstrating this financial responsibility is to have sufficient real currency to cover damages, or an insurance policy from a Mexican company. U.S. or any other non-Mexican insurance does not cover your liability for potential accidents, nor does it fulfill the basic requirement for insurance according to Mexican law.

Will my U.S. or Canadian insurance cover me in Mexico?

Policies from U.S. and all other non-Mexican insurance companies are not considered “proof of financial responsibility” under Mexican law. While a few major U.S. insurance companies cover damages to your own vehicle in Mexico up to a small distance south of the border (usually no more than 25 miles), they do not cover damages to other parties. This is why any U.S. policy must be accompanied by at least a liability-only policy from a Mexican insurance company.

“I am an Independent Insurance Advisor based out of Rockford, IL and licensed in the states of Illinois and Wisconsin.  I am proud to service the greater Rockford area – including: Belvidere, Marengo, Loves Park, Machesney Park, Freeport, Rockton, Roscoe, South Beloit, and Beloit (Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin).

I would appreciate the opportunity of helping you and your friends/family with all your insurance needs, including:

  1. doing a comprehensive review of your current insurance situation
  2. providing you with some competitive insurance quotes

I am ready and happy to help – Contact me today for your FreeVIPQuote, Thank you.” – Oscar G. Castillo